What is Feel Fab UK?
Feel Fab UK is a National Campaign created by Jemma Cooper, winner of Professional Beauty’s Salon of the Year South West. She has teamed up with Beauty Industry Professionals and Campaign Specialists to create “Feel Fab” which offers free beauty treatments to those in need and their families to help them look good on the outside and feel fabulous on the inside.
- Many people across the UK that are in need aren’t able to afford beauty treatments or have access to beauty treatments.
- People often feel beauty is all about looking good and forget the importance of feeling fabulous on the inside.
- 1 in 3 older people are affected by loneliness. (beafriendtoday.org.uk)
- The overall increase of older people reporting loneliness by 2030 will be around 40% (beafriendtoday.org.uk)
- The number of older people in the UK in need of care and support is expected to reach 1.7 million over the next 20 years
- 6.5 million people in the UK are carers. 1.4 million of which work over 50 hours a week unpaid (carers UK)
- There are around 300,000 beauty professionals in the UK (Habia.org). Many people that can can give the gift of time.
To contribute and help address these problems, the “Feel Fab” campaign offers free beauty treatments to those most in need and their families to help them feel fabulous on the inside and out. We are teaming up hundreds of salons and therapists to care service providers.
Throughout the month of January 2017, salons and therapists will offer a little of their time for free giving people in need a little pamper, whether that’s a hand massage, a mini-makeover, a pedicure or any treatment that helps that person to feel fab. Therapists for years have been known to be more like counsellors consulting and supporting individuals everyday so as to be able to help those people that need support will be such a reward to many. There is no greater reward than giving your time.
How You Can Help
The level of involvement that a salon or beauty therapist can give is in one or more of the following:
- Treatment Vouchers: this can be provided to community-based individuals and their families that are in need
- Home Visit Treatment: this involves therapists visiting patients and centres for in-house pampering
- Run an Event: inviting those in need and their families to a one off event in january for free pampering.
- Giving Talks: This can be done by therapists in Beauty Therapy Colleges and schools around the UK to share the importance of feeling fab on the inside
Alongside this Beauty professionals will be teaming up with Colleges and Universities (offering beauty courses) to inspiration the next generation of therapists to feel fab on the inside.
If you are a care service provider and want to sign up visit http://www.lookgoodfeelfab.com/?page_id=30
If you are a therapist and want to sign up visit http://www.lookgoodfeelfab.com/?page_id=128